09 Apr Contactless Increase Terminal Update
In light of the increase in contactless card payments as a result of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) we are instructing you to update your terminal to increase the limit on contactless transactions from £30 up to £45. Simply follow the step by step process below to update your terminal – normally this will take less than 5 minutes but there is the possibility it could take up to 40 minutes so please be patient.
Process for updating Ingenico Terminals:
- Press YELLOW to access the ADMINISTRATOR mode.
- Enter Password 123456 (default) and press ‘GREEN’ .
- In The Admin Menu scroll down to option number 5 “TMS connection”.
- This will start the TMS download process. The terminal will first perform an end-ofday settlement before downloading and updating the terminal.
- The terminal update can take up to 40 mins depending on the connection type, and speed of the connection.
- Once the terminal completes the Download and returns to the home screen, the terminal is ready for use.
To download a PDF of the Ingenico card terminal instructions click HERE
Process for updating Spire Terminals:
- Press red cancel button at the bottom of the key-pad for ‘Enter amount’ screen
- Press Main Menu button (square button)
- Select ‘Batch’ followed by ‘Settle’
- Type in ‘4 digit password’ (by default – ‘0000’) and press green enter button. (Your terminal now should complete the end of day process)
- Once completed – Press ‘Main Menu’ button (square button)
- Press right arrow (underneath the screen) and select ‘Function’
- Type in 92 and press green ‘Enter’ button on the terminal keypad
- Terminal will ask for a 4 digits password (by default – ‘0000’) – press enter
- Press ‘Enter’ button on the terminal keypad when you see ‘Prog.-Load. correct? ’ message
- Your terminal will now start software update. You should see percentage on the screen. Once completed, a message ‘Success’ will be displayed on the screen.
To download a PDF of the Spire card terminal instructions click HERE
Please note that your terminal(s) can also take mobile wallet payments (e.g. Apple Pay or Google Pay) with no maximum transaction value limit.